Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hibiscus Tempest






After admiring numerous swatches of Mentality matte polishes, I had to get some of them with my latest Harlow&Co. order. Tempest is the first one I wore.




Tempest is a dark, shimmery red with a blackended base that dries to a matte finish. Application was very pleasant, two coats were enough for opacity (the bottle needs a good shake to dispense the pigments, if you don't shake it, you might need three coats).






Then I used Essence Magic Red Carpet, a shimmery crimson red, and Bundle Monster plate BM-318 to stamp hibiscus flowers over Tempest. To retain the matte finish, I didn't use topcoat.










direct sunlight


Mentality polishes are available at Big Cartel and at Harlow&Co., where I bought mine.


8 comments:

  1. Very classy!!! Love it - note to self: need more Memtality Polishes, but wait I am still on no-buy??? Ehem I think I might end this early.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay strong, you can do it! Mentality will still be around in a couple of weeks...

      Delete
  2. Das sieht wahnsinnig toll und harmonisch aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben dank, ich habe die Mani auch sehr gerne getragen, ganze drei Tage lang (für mich eine halbe Ewigkeit) :-)

      Delete
  3. From now on I will visit your blog more often because here I can find more details about your manis. This hibiscus design is gorgeous! By the way, I am funandi from IG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm so glad you like what I do <3

      Delete
  4. Die Kombi ist zum sterben schön! Ö_Ö Ich merke, ich sollte mehr mit meinem matten Topcoat herum spielen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben dank! Matte Topcoats sind super. Oder man nimmt die faule Variante für Lack-Suchtis wie mich, und benutzt gleich einen matten Lack ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...