Thursday, July 17, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Yellow








This week's Golden Oldie Thursday theme is yellow.




As base color I used Catrice Vanilla Love (shown here), a pastel vanilla colored polish with a subtle shimmer. Since I had some issues with it the last time I used it (still patchy after four coats), I layered it over Essie Blanc (two coats of the Essie, one coat Vanilla Love). To complete this "vanilla ice cream look", I added one coat of Nubar Black Polka Dots, a clear polish with tiny and medium black hexes. One coat of KBSHimmer Clearly On Top finished this mani.









More yellow manis below


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea to layer the yellow over the white!!! You nails really look like glossified vanilla ice - yummie..... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't think about ice cream, I already ate enough sugar for today :-p

      Delete
  2. Yes absoluteley Bourbon Vanilla! Mmmhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a special effect, very cute! With green it would look like kiwi, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely, I should try that, too :-)

      Delete
  4. Der Überlack gibt der Mani einen schönen, besonderen Touch. Gefällt mir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Ich habe beim Tragen ständig meinen Appetit auf Vanilleeis bekämpfen müssen ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...