Friday, July 11, 2014

Comparison Post: Tempest - Every Month Is Octoberfest






While applying Mentality Tempest (shown on tuesday), it reminded me somewhat of OPI Every Month Is Octoberfest, so I decided to compare these two.





I used Every Mont Is Octoberfest on my pinkie and middle finger, Tempest on my ring and index finger, two coats each. Since the OPI is shiny and the Mentality matte, I added H&M Matte topcoat on my pinkie and KBShimmer Clearly On Top on my index to be able to compare the two polishes both in a matte and a shiny version.


left: OPI      right: Mentality



left: OPI          right: Mentality



As you can see, the OPI is a little darker than the Mentality, plus it has a purple base, whereas the base of Tempest is blackended/dark grey, so the OPI looks more blue/purple toned than the Mentality. The shimmer particles of Tempest are bigger, so this polish reflects the light better than the OPI.






Conclusion: these two polishes are similar, but not quite the same, so no dupes. Do you need both? Not really, you can substitute the other with a matte/shiny topcoat. Is it justifiable to want/have both? Absolutely, they're still different enough :-)


Mentality polishes are available at Big Cartel and at Harlow&Co., where I bought mine.

4 comments:

  1. Great comparison. Mentality is the winner for me, I like it better because of the more visible red shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mentality is definitely more special, extraordinary, whatever, but I do prefer the brush of the OPI :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this comparison - it is excellent!!! Like Manases, I prefer Tempest over the Opi - how remarkable that two such different concepts for a polish can result in such a similarity!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, if I'd only keep polishes I "need" in the sence of "I really don't have anything similar", I'd have to get rid of 2/3 of my collection... ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...