Friday, October 4, 2013

Sandy Coins







For once, I felt like wearing a discreet mani without having to, nude polish without a business meeting (yes, even I don't always want to wear blue, green or purple...)




As base color I used Kleancolor Sandstone, a a neutral shimmer polish. As beautiful as Kleancolor polishes are, I'm not really happy with the quality. The brush is a mess, it fans out in a tousled A line which makes it very hard to polish your nails and not your cutiles, and the polish really stinks. Plus, drying time is aweful, without topcoat it takes forever and a day to dry...





On top of Sandstone I added one coat of Million Lacquers Grape Coins, a clear abse with fuchsia microglitter, small white hexes and large yellow/gold hexes. The large hexes were a little stubborn, I had to fish them out of the bottle one by one. As you can see, I have a mini bottle, maybe they come out easier of the regular sized one.
















For a smooth finish I added one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.


Million Lacquers don't seem to exist anymore, I couldn't find anything about them with Google...


6 comments:

  1. What a sweet and delicate mani - yet on the second glance you see all that edginess with the glitter constrasting the base! I never heard of Kleancolor and nit to my loss it seems, as for the Indie brand - this is what makes the game so special - you can really get very unique stuff that is gone the other week - you really have an awesome treasure grove <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not knowing Kleancolor is certainly no loss. Their color range is really beautiful, but there are lots of other brands with better quality.

      And what you say about indie brands is so true, that's why it's so hard to restrain myself when it comes to buying polish. With indies you never know if the brand still exists and sells tomorrow or next week or in six months...

      Delete
  2. Schöne Kombi! Kleancolor fand ich früher mal voll toll, hab dann aber nie bestellt. Auch wenn es sehr schöne Farben gibt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Farblich sind die Kleancolor Lacke toll, kein Zweifel. Aber wenn ich mich beim Lackieren dermassen ärgern muss, verdirbt es mir den Spass an der Freude... ;-)

      Delete
  3. I was wondering why I haven't heard of Million Lacquer yet. Your last line made it clear. The glitter topper is so pretty. And the gold glitter is unlike anything I've ever seen so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I've never seen something like this gold "coins" either, and I'm glad you like it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...