Saturday, October 12, 2013

Octopus's Garden






"I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus' garden in the shade."
(The Beatles - Octopus's Garden)





Octopus's Garden (Imagine Collection) is, as a lot of Enchanted Polish are, a multichrome scattered holo. It changes from a deep indigo over purple and dark pink to a orange-y red in extreme angles. I used three coats for opacity and had no issues with application.














natural light


natural light
natural light

For my accent nail I used a technique I've been admiring for a long time now, but never tried it before: water marbeling. I used Octopus's Garden and a England Camelot for the black marbeling pattern. My first try didn't end up very good, I had some huge bubbles in it, that's why I added a picture of my "Cinderella" ring finger, where I took the second attempt, that turned out a little better :-)






Enchanted Polish are available at Harlow & Co.Mei Mei's SignaturesNorwaynailsPshiiit and Big Cartel.



6 comments:

  1. Oooooh, mesmerizing effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Melissa! Sadly, they are very hard to get nowadays... :-/

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh one of the choosen ones and I see you also have it in the old bottle like me. These days it takes a determined mind and a huge amount of luck to haul any EPs ;-) Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine. I miss the days' when EP were sold in the round bottle, you could put 4 polishes in your cart and actually check out with 4 bottles. Today you're lucky if the stock lasts for tree seconds instead of 1.5...

      Delete
  3. Ich finde den Effekt auf dem Ringfinger total toll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Der erste Versuch hätte schlimmer herauskommen können ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...