Thursday, October 3, 2013

Get Clover It, Liana!







With this grey, foggy weather we had the last couple of days, it's time for some color...





My base color is Catrice Dirty Liana (Glamazona Limited Edition),a medium green with white and blue undertones. Formula was very good, I used two thin coats. If you own this polish, I'd recommend using two coats of basecoat though, I only used one and had some slight staining.





On top of Dirty Liana, I layered two coats of KBShimmer Get Clover It. "This Emerald green jelly polish just may be luck in a bottle, with coin like circle glitters in shades of gold,  green, and aqua adding sparkle and shine."
(Source: KBShimmer)




There are also some micro glitters to add extra sparkle. Application was good, the jelly base has a syrup-like formula that spreads easily over the nail without leaving streaks.

Get Clover It dries a little gritty, so I added one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.













KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.


14 comments:

  1. Funny title! Both polishes are very pretty. I really should get Get Clover It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Luckily, KBShimmer keep their polishes for quite some time before they discontinue them (unlike some other indie brands), so you can get it whenever you want :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this glitter! The base you chose is so bright, but with the glitter on, it looked like they were meant to each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed :-) At first I wasn't sure about the color combo, as they don't seem to match too good according to the bottles, but after applying them I knew I made the right choice ;-)

      Delete
  3. Das Titel-Wortspiel ist ja super :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich, dass es dir gefällt, Wiebke :-) Mit Namen geht das Kombinieren für den Titel deutlich einfacher, ein Manhattan-Post mit einem Titel wie "210 meets 003" wäre da ein bisschen doof ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am not getting clover how gorgeous this is! *laaaame* But I mean it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's lame at all, and I'm really glad you like it, Melissa :-)

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous combination - I like the syrupy consistency of get clover it as it allows a large variety of base colors and will look totally different depending on that!!! Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Christine!
      I wish you a great day, too! I'm sure mine will be awesome (once I'm off work), I'm going to the album release show of one of my favorite bands (you certainly won't know them, they're friends of mine, United To Be Famous) and I've been looking forward to this for months now :-)

      Delete
  6. I have Clover. It is gorgeous! And the base does not really make a great difference to it as Clover has a pretty strong base. In fact, it is a stainer without a basecoat. But no one can deny it is a beauty when topcoated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I combined two staining polishes? What a coincidence. Too bad so many polishes I like stain, but that's the curse if you are a blue/purple/green lover...

      Delete
    2. Oh I know that feeling... I am a blue, purple green lover like you :)

      Delete
    3. I think there are a lot of us :-) And luckily, the polish brands realised that. When I started polishing my nails about 17 years ago, it wasn't easy to fing polishes in other colors than red and pink...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...