Monday, October 14, 2013

Beneath The Blue Jelly






Summer's definitely over, last week the snow line in Switzerland fell down to 800m above sea level, so all the hills I can see from my window at work are still white. But this doesn't mean, I can't wear summer colors anymore ;-)





I started with Nfu Oh JS 30, a royal blue jelly. The formula was like it was to be expected with a jelly, extremely shiny, very sheer, a little too thin for my liking, but absolutely managable. I still wish it was a little less sheer, the picture shows four coats, and you can still clearly see my nail line.





Then I added one coat of GlimmerbyErica Beneath The Blue, a clear base packed with two sizes of small aqua hexes and two medium sizes and shades of  blue hexes. I already used this polish about a year ago (pre-blogging), so I guess it's due to the long time standing around opend but unused since, that made it get a little clumpy. The glitters still spread easily, but Beneath The Blue dried pretty gritty.








Then I added another coat of Nfu Oh JS  to achieve a jelly sandwich look. As a finishing move, I added one coat of OPI RapiDri, but it still felt a little bumpy, so I guess I should have added an additional coat (layering Nail Pattern Boldness under it would probably have been best).













Glimmerby Erica polishes, including Beneath The Blue, are available on Etsy and at Llarowe. I bought mine on Etsy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness this is awesome!!! Your nails look like pictures taken from a cliff into clear water on a fancy exotic island!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine! But now, after reading your words, it's even harder to be at the office and stare at the grey sky and the snow on top of the hills... :-P

      Delete
  2. Love it! It really looks like an underwater scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beneath The Blue is a gorgeous glitter! I love how you used it for this mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice compliment, Melissa <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...