Friday, July 5, 2013

Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Turquoise






An important thing to know for a time traveler is that time isn't linear. It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff.

If you think that I'm completely nuts, you definitely need to watch some Doctor Who ;-)





I started with three coats of Essie Turquoise & Caicos, a slightly blue leaning green. It's definitely more green than turquoise, kind of pastel but still vibrant (I suck at color description...). Formula was not as good as I hoped, a little too thin with the tendency to flood the cuticles. I used three coats for opacity.





On top of Turquoise & Caicos I added one dabbed coat of Digital Nails Wibbly Wobbly. "Wibbly Wobbly is an insane blend of grass green holographic, teal, aqua, chartreuse, & hot pink glitters, in a multitude of shapes and sizes suspended in the sheerest of blue jelly base specially designed to hold up lots of glitter. This polish has matte, metallic, blue microflakies, HUGE dots, tiny holos - it's an explosion of sparkle."
(Source: Digital Nails)




Application was easy, only the big dots needed some placing, but no fishing for them was needed. I finished with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.













Digital Nails polishes are available on Etsy.


4 comments:

  1. I love the dots in Wibbly Wobbly, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally into dot/circle glitter at the moment. Last year it was square glitter, so I bought almost everything with square glitter in it, and this year it's dots. I'm already wondering which glitter form it will be next year ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...