Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Nautica's Shipwreck





I already wore exactly this combination about a year ago, but as it was pre-blog, I decided to wear it again, and this time show it to you :-)





My base color is Catrice Nautica (Cruise Couture Limited Edition), a slightly purple toned indigo polish with a nice sapphire blue shimmer. I used two medium coats for opacity.





On top of Nautica, I added one coat of KBShimmer Shipwreck. "Ships lost at sea, churning waters, mythical creatures, and lost treasures,  inspired this polish. I started with a base of a deep blue green color. Then,  added several sized of hex glitters in teals, blues, greens, and purple. I can  almost see these colors being on a beautiful mermaid. A hint of gold, and a pop  of copper sparkle like hidden treasure and add depth to this polish."
(Source: KBShimmer)




Application of Shipwreck was easy, I dabbed it on like I do with (almost) all glitter toppers, but there was no need for fishing for glitters. I added one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails top sealer.








As I'm really into matte manis at the moment, I added one coat of Essence Soft Touch Topcoat for a satin matte finish.













KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.



21 comments:

  1. This is great! I like the idea of mattifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love how a simple coat of matte topcoat can change a whole mani :-)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! It gives me this kind of fantasy deep ocean feel, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...but I like it glossy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! It's going to look gorgeous on you, I'm sure :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh I like both versions - shiny and matte!! This is one of the few KBShimmers I don't own - I love your pictures just beautiful, I scrolled veeery slowly and a couple of times to get all of its beauty discovered ;-) - thank you for sharing with us this beautiful mani xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Christine. I'm so glad you like it.

      Ziel erreicht :-)

      Delete
  6. sehr schön :) ich finde ihn mattiert echt toll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank! Ich stehe zurzeit extrem auf mattierte Lacke, fast jede Woche trage ich eimal matt :-)

      Delete
    2. muss ich auch endlich mal wieder machen :) hab mir letztens einen matten top coat von kiko gekauft, den muss ich noch ausprobieren :)

      Delete
    3. Ich finde es super, vor allem, wenn ich eine Mani mehrere Tage trage und zwischendurch doch Lust auf etwas "neues" habe. Eine zusätzliche Schicht, die ohnehin fast sofort trocknet, und tada: eine neue Mani :-)

      Delete
  7. Der sieht matt einfach nur hammer aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, ich war/bin auch ganz verliebt in die matte Version :-)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. AND.... I bought it. Damn, you are bad for my pocket :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you're going to love it :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...