Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Tin Man On The Blue Highway






Today I have a blue and silver mani to show you.





As base color I used Catrice Blue Highway (Hip Trip Limited Edition), a navy blue polish with a subtle cobalt shimmer. Formula was good, I used two medium coats for opacity.





On top of Blue Highway I added one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness The Tin Man, a clear base with bits of crumpled silver foil. It's like the silver brother of OPI's The Man With The Golden Gun and other gold leaf topcoats. I dabbed the polish on the nail to get the foil pieces to spread a little better.





For a smooth finish, I added one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Please excuse the massive bubbling, my bottle of Glitter Food is almost empty and tends to get pretty thick and stringy towards the end, I forgot to add some polish thinner before this mani...













Nail Pattern Boldness polishes are available on Etsy and at Llarowe.


4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...