Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happily Ever After On Avenue Maintain






If every day could be a saturday, I'd live happily ever after. But today's tuesday, so I'll have to find another reason to be happy... ;-)





For this mani I started with two coats of Essie Avenue Maintain (Madison Ave-Hue Collection), a "parisian light blue" (Source: Essie) creme. To be honest, I don't know how parisian blue looks, I'd describe the color as a medium cerulean, just like the color of a summer sky. Two coats weren't quite enough for opacity, but as I planned to sponge over it, I didn't add a third.





As a second step, I added a gradient using a make up sponge, Avenue Maintain and Kiko 265 China Blue, a midnight blue creme. (no topcoat in this picture, that's why it looks so coarse)





On top of the gradient, I dabbed one coat of Aphrodite Lacquers Happily Ever After, a clear base with "blue and aqua shimmer, with various holo and metallic glitters ranging from purple to blue to teal."
(Source: Aphrodite Lacquers)




Application was easy, no fishing for glitters needed, and the polish dried pretty smooth. I finished with one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer. 













 The Aphrodite Lacquers shop on Etsy is closed right now until further notice, but I hope Rebecca, the owner, will be back soon.



18 comments:

  1. This is one happy troop for sure :-)!!! I love the combination and that glitter - sigh, so pretty and sparkly!!! Let's start a happy Tuesday then - have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I took friday off (= i mache d Brügg), so today is like wednesday for me, and tomorrow will be friday. Yay! :-)

      Delete
  2. Ui, ein wunderschöner Effekt. Gradient mit Glitzer hab ich noch nie irgendwo gesehen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Gradient mit Glitzer ist wirklich nicht so häufig, die meisten scheuen sich wohl, die Gradient-Arbeit wieder zu überdecken ;-)

      Delete
  3. This looks so great. I love that you applied the glitter over a gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combination! I might copy it. I got an order full of glitter top coats today and I cannot wait to try them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just copy away :-)
      Oh, you've got nail mail? I love nail mail! Have fun with your's :-)

      Delete
    2. I haven't found the time today, but tomorrow I am gonna give it a try :-)

      Delete
    3. Just take your time :-) I've a whole folder of bookmarks on my laptop of manis I want to copy someday ;-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful mani! The glitter is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even without the glitter the blue gradient looks fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog because you seem to share the same passion for the blues, greens, and purples that I do. Which does not mean that you do not do justice to other colours :) I wait to see what you post next. Oh! And I love your header for obvious reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blues, greens and purples are the best :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...