Monday, July 29, 2013

Moonwalk Is My Number One Nemesis






Just to correct a possible false impression: The blog post just combines the names of two polishes, I don't want to start a pro/contra Michael Jackson discussion :-)




I started this mani with OPI Number One Nemesis (Spiderman Collection), a polish that is really hard to discribe. It has a clear (or sheer black? Can't really tell) base filled with gold, silver and black particles that gives it a green-ish, murky golden foil finish. Number One Nemesis is pretty sheer, I used three coats and could still see my nail line, if I held the fingers to the light.








Then I took a new attempt with a technique I just can't master: glitter gradients. I added several coats (I think it was three in total) of NYX Moonwalk, beginning from the tips and ending each coat a little higher up. Moonwalk has a sheer black base and is filled with small and medium holographic hexes. I'm sure, some of you (maybe most of you) would have chosen a polish with a clear base for a glitter gradient, but I kind of like how the tips get darker.
















Well, I don't really know. Don't hate it, but don't love it either. I think I have to try much more, until I'm able to create a glitter gradient I'm really happy with...

12 comments:

  1. Hee hee, I think I can see your reflection in that last close up shot :-) Gosh, I am so jealous of your nail polish stash, every day you show us these new amazing shades and manis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's only my reflection, and not my messy kitchen, where I take my pictures, it's ok with me ;-)
      I have to admit, my polish stash is really huge, and I've got an endless amount of still untrieds. I'm trying to limit myself with new additions, if I'd stop buying polishes today I could still show you my untrieds for almost a year, and somehow this doesn't really make me happy. But restrictions are extremely hard when there are so many gorgeous polishes out there, waiting for me to buy them... ;-)

      Delete
  2. I've had Moonwalk on my wishlist for awhile now, it looks so pretty! I love the combo you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gradient, I wish mine would ever make it to the lense, usually I am so displeased that it is gone before it's halfway dry ;-)!!! And I just love your talent to create your titles - admirable <3!!!! I don't own any Nyx - do you like them? And reading your reply to the first comment I had to smile - then we are 2!!! My stash of untrieds would also nearly last a year and still, I cannot get myself to a no-buy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kingd words, Christine!
      About the NYX polishes: they're ok, not more and not less. If you're ordering from Cherry Culture and want to add them, do it, but I wouldn't buy them at Manor, "just ok" isn't worth the swiss price tag...
      I think our lives would be easier, if all the polish brands would start to produce only ugly polishes. Easier, but much less fun ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, sieht super geil aus *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had Moonwalk for a while and used it on its own. Which was not a very satisfactory experience. I think I will try using it as a glitter gradient. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll find a way to use your bottle of Moonwalk, it would be sad to leave it in the drawer. Polish has feelings, too ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...