Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ophelia's Baubles







Today's mani didn't quite turn out as I intended, but I liked it nontheless.





My base color is Essie Bobbing For Baubles, a deep navy creme with grey undertones. Formula was good, very opaque, it's almost a one-coater. I used a second coat to hide some bald patches an the tips, but with shorter nails this wouldn't be necessary. Bobbing For Baubles dries very shiny, no topcoat in this picture.





Then I added one coat of Cirque Ophelia, a clear base filled with periwinkle hexes in various sizes from microglitter to medium, plus one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.







My primary plan was to leave the mani like this, but somehow I got a little bored by looking at it, it was too even, too uniform. So I decided to add some irregularity by stamping over it with my base color. I used my DRK-A plate for the pattern. The stamping is barely visible in the pictures, IRL it was pretty much invisible (that's why it looks a little crooked, I just couldn't see where and what I was stamping), but it gave the mani a little more live. I added one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.













Cirque polishes are sold at their own store, at Harlow & Co., at Edgy Polish and at Mei Mei's Signatures.


11 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely love the layerings and the stampin you did for this mani! Looks seriously new and unique and just so cool!!! Love it, LOVE IT! This is going to be one of those nail looks that are so unique, they are going to be in my mind for a very long time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, now I'm speechless. Thank you so so much for your kind words, I'm feeling really honored!

      Delete
  2. Bobbing for Baubles trag ich grad. Find ihn so toll, deckt super und hält gut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Über die Haltbarkeit kann ich mich nicht äussern, ich trage meine Manis meist nur ein bis zwei Tage, in Ausnahmefällen mal drei, aber die Deckkraft ist wirklich super. Ich habe zwar kein Problem mit Lacken, die drei oder vier Schichten benötigen zum Decken, aber weniger Schichten machen mich auch nicht unglücklich ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, the detail is amazing, I love it! That close up shot really had me go: wow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, was für eine tolle idee und was für zauberhafte lacke
    unnnnnnheimlich schön
    liebste grüße bia =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Bia! Freut mich sehr, dass es dir gefällt.

      Delete
  5. Gefällt mir total gut. Ich finde es sowieso toll über Glitterlacke zu stampen. Bobbing for Baubles hab ich letztens auch endlich ergattert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank! An Bobbing for Baubles wirst du sicher viel Freude haben :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful :-)!!! I love that this is a mani is so complex and how the stamping creates an effect you sometimes see in some silks - it shifts colors and still you are unable to pinpoint the why and how - perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice words, Christine!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...