Friday, March 3, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas: Mixed Tape Mani







Mixed tape mani is today's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme. At first, I thought about painting a cassette tape on my nails (I was born in the early 80s, so I made a lot of mixed music tapes as a teenager. No MP3 when I was young (well, at least not for us "common people")...). But I admit, I was too lazy for free hand nail art, so I went with the simple aproach of just using differently shaped tapes.





I started with three coats of Kiko 433 (Gothic Purple), a duochrome shimmer polilsh shifting from purple to a dark, murky green. In real life, the polish looks mostly purple, while the pictures show mostly green. You can see the color shift in the bottle, though.




After the base was completely dry, I added different What's Up Nails vinyls and two coats of Catrice The Big Bling Theory (Million Brilliance LE), a purple textured polish with some hex glitters in it (the glitters look blue in the pictures, but they are purple, too). I skipped the topcoat after removing the vinyls to keep the textured finish.











8 comments:

  1. I love all the glitter in that purple polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really makes the polish special :-)

      Delete
  2. That Kiko is dreamy! Wow. It works so well in this mani and I love the glitter too.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...