Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wet Bikini in Cosmic Ocean






Another blue mani for today.




I started with two coats of NYX Girls Ink Heart, a dark royal blue creme. I really like the color, but I probably won't use this polish again, it stains massively. I used an extra thick layer of base coat (Essence Peel Off Base Coat), but when I removed it, my nails were bright blue.





Then I added one coat of Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean, a douchrome layering polish shifting from blue over teal to green. The color shift was almost impossible to capture. I tried everything, including holding my hand into a glass of water (this is supposed to show color shifts better), but nothing really worked. You can see a little of the teal shimmer on the second picture, but the effect was much stronger in real life.








On top of that, I added one coat of Girly Bits Wet Bikini, a clear base with blue and iridescent hexes, aqua and blue microglitter and aqua squares.














































Wet Bikini isn't gritty at all, one coat of Essie Good to Go was enough to provide a smooth finish.


Girly Bits polishes are available at her own storeLlaroweHarlow & Co.Overall Beauty and Mei Mei's Signatures.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Aglaya! This combination is gorgeous, I love how blue suits your skin! But curses to the staining polish! I have many nyx polishes, and I always hesitated to buy this one, but thought it might stain, that is what I hate the most about a polish, staining!
    What do you do in that case? is there anything to remove stains from a nail?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! I've read that lemon juice is supposed to remove staining, but it doesn't work on me. I haven't tried whitening toothpaste yet, that's also supposed to remove staining. At the moment, my nails are still blue. But as I always wear polish, nobody sees it ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...