Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mint and Turquoise Indies








Mint and turquoise are the colors of today's post.












I started with two coats of China Glaze For Audrey, a classic "Tiffany blue" creme.












My thumb shows two coats of Pretty & Polished Boot Camp (Discontinued). "This polish has medium/large blue hexes, pastel green and blue hex glitters and small green and blue hex glitters. "
(Source: Pretty & Polished Etsy shop)


The base is a shimmering light blue. It's pretty sheer, so it looks best layered.



























On my index finger are two coats of KBShimmer Proud Peackock, "a dusty teal green base is accented by tons of glitter. We started with a large blue hex, and added both a black and black opal hex. We then went micro with black and white diamond glitters. Fuchsia, teal, and navy small glitters accent several holographic glitters, including a silver bar, teal, and two sizes of silver."
(Source: KBShimmer)

In my opinion, the base is not dark enough to be a teal, I'd call this color turquoise. Proud Peacock doesn't necessarily need a creme base, it's opaque in three coats.























On my middle finger I'm wearing two coats of Smitten Polish Mint Chip, "Two sizes of brown glitter suspended in a milky green base, designed to look like Mint Chip Ice Cream."
(Source: Smitten Polish Etsy shop).

It really does look like Mint Chip Ice Cream, with little chocolatey pieces.
Mint Chip can be worn alone, it's opaque with three coats.

















Next, on my ring finger, is Happy Handy Springs, "
a chilly & serene turquoise jelly with small aqua hexes, algae green medium hexes, and shimmering medium silver holographic hexes."
(Source: Happy Handy Etsy shop)

It's opaque enough to be worn alone, but I prefer it layered.











Last, but not least, Hungry Asian Mint Condition on my pinkie finger. "Mint Condition is a light, bluish green creme with red, blue, purple and black hex glitters. I love robins egg blue and pale mint green so this is a bit of both! Please note that this color does lean blue so it is not a true mint green. "
(Source: The Hungry Asian Etsy shop)

This one can also be worn alone with three coats for full opacity.


















None of these polishes gave me formula issues. No fishing for glitters or dabbing them on. I used one coat of Essie Good to Go to finish.









Pretty & Polished are available on Etsy.

KBShimmer polishes can be purchased at their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.

Smitten polishes are sold on Etsy and at Llarowe.

Happy Hands polishes are available on Etsy and at Harlow & Co. Check out the Happy Hands blog for information on the latest collections.

Hungry Asian polishes are sold on Etsy.



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful skittle mani! and the base is such a lovely classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I'd say For Audrey (or any similar color) is a "must have" in every polish collection ;-)

      Delete
  2. These indies are so nice! I think that my favorite is the last one, Hungry Asian Mint Condition.

    It's too sad, that Etsy won't deliver internationally, outside the US :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked, Hungry Asian still ship internationally. Shipping is not cheap, but that's not their fault, USPS raised the prizes in january. I live in Europe, so I don't have any polishes that are not available here in some way.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...