Wednesday, June 26, 2019

When Colours Collide: Neon





Neons were the prompt for the latest round for the When Colours Collide challenge. I really don't like neons, they clash horribly with my skin tone, but I do own some, just for challenges like this one...




My neon polish is MoYou London Crazy Citrus, a neon green creme. I'm usually perfectly happy with the formula of MoYou stamping polish, even for a full many, but sadly, this one disappointed me. The formula is quite chalky, dries to a rather matte finish (the picture shows it without topcoat) and it applies streaky. I used three coats for a more or less even finish, which is quite much for a stamping polish, since they're usually one-coaters...




Since I don't like neons, I usually tone them down with black, which luckily was allowed in this challenge. So I used a pattern from the ÜberChic Lovely Leaves 2 plate and black Born Pretty Store stamping polish for this monstera deliciosa (that's the latin name of this plant) look. Then I added one coat of Bundle Monster Smudge Free Top Coat plus one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top (note to self: if you add nail polish thinner to a smudge free top coat, it turns to a regular, rather smudgey top coat...).










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...