Friday, November 3, 2017

Nail Crazies Unite: Neutral Colors




Neutral Colors is the first prompt for the next round of the Nail Crazies Unite nail art challenge.





I started with two coats of OPI Taupe-less On The Beach, a light taupe creme. Then I used OPI I Sao Paolo Over There, a darker taupe creme, and the gradient nail art brush I was offered by Born Pretty Store, thank you so much! It has a lot of short bristles and some longer ones, to create a gradient. I'm sure you'll get a pretty smooth gradient using this brush on a wet base, but I was aiming for a rougher, more home-spun look, so I let the base completely dry, put some of the darker polish on my nail art mat and picked it up with the gradient brush. Then I simply painted it on my nail tips, dragging the bruth towards my cuticles. I only used very little polish, for a even rougher finish. If you're looking for a clean way to create a gradient, without the mess a sponged gradient can produce, this brush might be what you're looking for. You can get the brush here for 1.59$, it comes in two colors, red or green (I got the green one, obviously).











Then I stamped on a swirly pattern using MoYou  London Café au Lait and Moyra stamping plate 03 - ornaments. As usual, I added one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.













For more nail art items, check out Born Pretty Store (use the code below for a 10% discount)




The nail art brush was offered for reviewing purposes. Again, thank you very much, Born Pretty Store!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...