Thursday, February 7, 2013

NYX Nudes







Fortunately, my boss doesn't care how I polish my nails. I doubt he even sees which color I'm wearing. But sometimes, I've got business meetings, and I don't think I'd make a good impression with blue, green or purple nails. For these occasions I own a wide range of nude polishes, like the ones I'm showing you today.


NYX Taffeta is a nude polish with foil finish. If you look closely, it looks like gold, silver and copper micro-glitter. It's very sheer, I used three coats and it still wasn't 100% opaque.

On my ring finger I'm wearing NYX Beige Glitter, which is, in my opinion, not beige but a yellowish gold. It has a gold toned base, so I thought I could wear it on it's own. But I can't recommend it. It's really sheer, I used four coats and you can still see my nail underneath. Next time I'll layer it over another polish.











To smooth  the surface, I used one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food over the glitter and finished with Essie Good to Go on all nails.


4 comments:

  1. Erinnert mich sehr an Glitzerland von OPI :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, eine gewisse Ähnlichkeit besteht. Glitzerland ist etwas weniger gelblich, aber es sind im Prinzip beide gleich aufgebaut.

      Delete
  2. Wow, when did NYX change their packaging to look like Deborah Lippmann? Haha! These are both beautiful shades...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them a couple of months ago, these were my first NYX polishes, I didn't even know they didn't always look like this ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...