Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fligh High, Purple Grey







Today I have a new stamping mani to show you.





My base color is Manhattan Fligh High (Playboy Super Nails Collection), a soft pink, that is so light it's almost white, with lots of frosty shimmer. As much as I like the color, as much was I disappointed with the formula. While application was easy, Fligh High is very sheer, and after the three coats I used it was still nowhere near opaque. Plus the drying time is aweful. I usually tap the surface of my left thumb (the one you don't see here) after a couple of minutes to check if it's ready for the next layer. Most polishes are dry to the touch after around five to seven minutes, the ones which take longer are still slightly tacky then. Fligh High was still so wet, the polish just stuck to my finger and I had a hole in the layer I applied. Adding a quick drying topcoat (KBShimmer Clearly On Top) after the third coat helped, but it still took at least five minutes until it was dry to the touch (Clearly On Top usually dries my polish, or at least the surface, in one or to minutes at most).








On top of Fligh High, I used Models Own Purple Grey, a purple toned taupe (yes, taupe, not grey) creme, and the new revised Bundle Monster plate BM-023 to add the stamping. Another coat of KBshimmer Clearly On Top finished this mani.












12 comments:

  1. Ui, ich glaube, das ist diesen Monat meine Lieblingsmani von dir *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich, dass es dir so gut gefällt. Wenn Fly High nur nicht so viele Nerven kosten würde...

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is just stunning. I think I have to agree with Wiebke, this might be my favorite mani of you so far this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tap on thumbs too :) This is a really pretty combination <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now who gives a toss about dry time if the result is as stunning!!! Just perfect <3! Well of course I give a toss about dry time - major UGH ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I usually don't care much about drying time, but this one is just unterirdisch...

      Delete
  5. So delikat und romantisch *schwärm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci viumau. Manchmal trage sogar ich etwas eher romantisches :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...