Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kryptonite Skittelette






Today's skittelette mani is, of course, inspired by the skittelette-queen Marta from Chit Chat Nails.





As base color I used Picture Polish Kryptonite, a lovely emerald green scattered holo. I used it as base color on all nails but my pinkie, it took me three thin coats to reach opacity.




My pinkie finger shows three coats of Kiko 345 Jade Green, a light, mint-y creme. The true color lies somewhot between the sunlight and the other pictures, slightly blue-toned, but not as aqua as the sunlight pictures show.





For my ring and middle finger I used the Magno Nails stamping plate A33 and Kiko 626 Lawn Green (Mirror Metallics Collection), a light, grassy green that looks almost gold over the green base.







Direct sunlight


Direct sunlight


To finish this mani, I used one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.


I tried to copy one of Nina D's awesome scarf-holding-mani-showing pictures (if you don't know Nina D yet, you should check her out on Instagram, her pictures are awesome!) and I realised how hard is to hold a scarf and a bottle of polish, to show your mani at the same time and make all look not cramped. This is the best I could achieve...





Picture Polish are available at LlaroweHarlow & Co.Overall Beauty and Mei Mei's Signatures.


10 comments:

  1. Ah Kryptonite a PP classic!!!! What a great idea to use it as base for stamping!! I find this mani very Aglaya-esque, you come up with such creative mixtures and this is no exception, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aglaya-esque? You mean I've got an unique, recognisable style? Oh, you made me so happy with this comment, thank you so much, Christine!

      Delete
    2. You got it :-D - I find you have a very -esquish style :-D

      Delete
    3. *la la la* *dancing my little happy dance*

      Delete
  2. Damn, I nearly fell off my chair, what a GORGEOUS nail art! Makes me realize what a total noob I am at manicures, woops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, don't hurt yourself while reading my blog ;-)
      Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm far from perfect at nail art myself, I think I'm doing pretty OK with stamping and tape (I consider them as the easiest nail art techniques, you should probably start with them if you want to try some techniques), but I still have much to learn :-)

      Delete
  3. That is a gorgeous green! I love the nail art too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im Sonnenlich gefällt mir Jade Green nicht sooo, schade, dass er nicht in echt mehr wie im
    kunstlicht ist. Kennst du einen Lack, der so pistaziengrün ist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich habe heute morgen, gleich als ich deinen Kommentar gesehen habe, meine Nagelfächer durchsucht (da siehst du, wie viel mir meine Leser wert sind, morgens um halb sechs suche ich nach passenden Lacken ;-) ) und habe dabei festgestellt, dass ich keinen einzigen Pistaziengrünen Lack besitze. Skandal! Alle meine hellgrünen Lacke sind eher mintfarben und leicht blaustichig. Am ehesten richtig Pistaziengrün tendierend ist
      China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On (hier: http://aglayanails.blogspot.ch/2013/05/like-calendars-dying.html), aber auch der ist nicht so richtig Pistazienfarben sondern eher mint...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...