Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Got A Crush On Blue





I've got not only a crush on this polish, I'm truly, madly deeply in love with it! (Does anyone remember this song, Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden? It was a big hit like 15 years ago or so...). I'm absolutely sure it will be one of my Top 10 polishes this year.




I started with two coats of China Glaze Ride The Waves (Summer Neons 2012 Collection), a nice, vibrant ultramarine blue jelly. You can still see my nail line a little, but for only two coats with a jelly it's not too bad, and I was going to cover it anyway with the KBShimmer polish. Ride The Waves doesn't dry glossy like a lot of other jellies do, but more to a satin finish.





Then I added two coats of the absolutely awesome KBShimmer I Got A Crush On Blue (Spring Collection 2013), "a royal blue jelly, this polish was born to add sparkle and shine to your nails.  Holographic glitters ranging from micro to extra large in size capture the light to reflect a rainbow of colors.  When applied in three thin layers, the glitters seem to float in a see of blue jelly, something that camera has a hard time capturing."
(Source: KBShimmer) 



 
Application was flawless, after a good shake of the bottle I didn't even have to fish for the biggest glitters, and they spread very easily. I topped it with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness and one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast for a glass-like finish. The only problem with this mani was going to work: I just spent the whole day staring at my nails, moving my hands around to watch the gorgeous holographic glitters ;-)



















KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.



17 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the large holo glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue-trifying!!! I love it so much! As you have said, definitely one of the best blue glitter polish ever made! so in love with your swatches right now!! I especially love the variety of glitters in this polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I couldn't keep my eyes off of this polish when I was wearing it, the holo glitters look different every time you look at them :-)

      Delete
  3. Holy blue-sicle!!! Stunning :-) I own this KBShimmer too and really should grab for it again!! It looks beautiful on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! You should wear it right now, it's supposed to rain again friday, and holo glitters look so much better in sunlight (says the girl who only posts artificial-light-pictures of this beauty...) ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, Aglaya, this is gorgeous! no wonder you're in love. I would've spent the day looking at my hands too! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm blogging: to stare at gorgeous polishes together with others :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, der ist ja mal richtig geil. Knallt voll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knallig, holo-ig, blau. Was will man mehr? :-)

      Delete
  6. Der CG gefällt mir allein nicht, aber mit dem Topper ist er ein Traum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alleine würde ich den CG auch nicht tragen. Aber um die "Leichtigkeit" des KBShimmer zu bewahren ist er ideal.

      Delete
  7. Those two are incredible layered together! Eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...