Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Once Upon A Starry Night





 More blue polishes today!





For this mani I started with Essence Goofy-Blue (Snow Jam Limited Edition), a medium, slightly periwinkle toned blue with white glass flecks (I didn't manage to capture the color accurately. It looks like the bottle cap in the picture below). Formula was ok, I used three quick drying coats.



On top of Goofy-Blue I dabbed one thick coat of ILoveNailpolish Once Upon A Starry Night, a clear base filled with white, silver, gunmetal, navy blue and holographic hexes in various sizes, small white squares and silver holographic stars.





Application was easy, even getting the stars needed no real fishing, swirling around the brush a little was enough. As Once Upon A Starry Night dried pretty gritty, I finished with one coat of Nail Pettern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.














ILoveNailpolish, including One Upon A Starry Night, can be found on Etsy.


6 comments:

  1. I am wearing now Goofy-Blue and I love it's shade. Although it was meant to be a winter polish I am sure I will wear it this spring too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a great spring color. If you look at the OPI and China Glaze spring collections, Goofy Blue fits perfectly :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it? I'm very fond of this brand.

      Delete
  3. Wow sieht diese Kombi toll aus :O Ich glaube, ich würde den Nagellack nie wieder von meinen Nägeln runterkriegen :D Hast du da vielleicht einen Tipp, wie man da am besten vorgeht?

    Ich würde mich übrigens total freuen, dich auf meinem Blog als neue Leserin begrüßen zu dürfen :)
    Viele liebe Grüße
    Katii von Süchtig nach...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitzerlack braucht schon die richtigen Hilfsmittel, damit das Ablackieren nicht in einem Nervenzusammenbruch endet ;-)

      Entweder nehme ich den Peel Off Basecoat von Essence, da kann man später den Lack mitsamt dem Basecoat einfach abziehen. Oder ich nutze die Folienmethode, bei der ein Stück Wattepad mit Entferner getränkt auf den Nagel gelegt und mit etwas Alufolie umwickelt wird. Nach kurzer Einwirkzeit (je nach Lack 5-15min) kann der Lack mitsamt dem Wattepad abgezogen werden.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...