Monday, January 7, 2013

Purple Holo Tape Mani & The Crumpet's Amateur Nail Art Contest - January






I did it! I tried a new (well, new for me) technique and it worked! And as I'm so happy with the outcome of my work, I decided to enter The Crumpet's Amateur Nail Art Contest with it. It's my first contest, so if you like today's mani I'd be glad if you would vote for my entry (just click the link above. I think voting doesn't start for a few days, tough).





For this tape mani I started with Color Club Cloud Nine (Halo Hues), a pastel lilac holo. On my ring finger, as an accent nail, I used Enchanted Polish Dance Of The Sugar Plum (Ho Ho Holodays Collection), a medium plum holo. I used three coats each. The holo effect doesn't look very strong in my pictures, but that's just the lighting. No sunshine here...








After the base color was completely dry, I stuck three pieces of striping tape on each nail and added the topping color: Dance Of The Sugar Plum over Cloud Nine, Color Club Wild At Heart, a dark purple holo, over Dance Of The Sugar Plum. I did each nail after the other, so I could remove the tape as soon as I added the second color, to keep the lines crisp. I finished with one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.





















Enchanted Polish are available at Harlow & Co.Mei Mei's SignaturesEtsy, Llarowe. Mei Mei's seems to be the only shop still selling Dance Of The Sugar Plum, though.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations - well done!!! I particularily like the Color Club holo nails!!!! Count on my vote!! No sunshine here either, oh well - have a great start into the new week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it. And thank you for your vote (I feel/sound like a politician now)! Can a week start great when it starts on a monday? LOL

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic and I may borrow your idea if that's ok! I'm not entering any competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Of course you may borrow the idea, after all, I didn't invent this type of mani. I get inspiration from other blogs all the time.

      Delete
  3. So pretty!!! Enchanted Polish Dance Of The Sugar Plum is already on my wishlist! I must get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't wait any longer, it's discontinued. Mei Mei's Signatures and Pshiiit Boutique have some bottles left, when they're gone, they're gone...

      Delete
  4. Das gefällt mir richtig gut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! Now I hope your readers think the same and vote for me ;-)

      Delete
  6. Wunderschön und tolle Combo! Ich warte noch auf meine Lieferung von Llarowe. Ich konnte bei der letzten Schlacht kurz vor Weihnachten noch eine Flasche Dance Of The Sugarplum ergattern. Jetzt muss sie mich nur noch erreichen ^^ Hast du beim Sale auf Enchanted Polish einen der neuen Care Bears Lacken abbekommen?

    Liebe Grüße
    Laya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Laya. Den Care Bears Sale habe ich irgendwie verpasst. MeinePortemonnaie und mein riesiger Haufen ungetragener Lacke sind aber nicht sonderlich traurig darüber ;-)

      Delete
    2. Sie hat sie über ihre eigene Seite verkauft und den Sale über Facebook angekündigt. Man muss da immer etwas nen Auge darauf haben. Dabei war diesmal Djinn In A Bottle, ein Holo Top Coat, den ich mir geholt habe. Die Lacke werden aber irgendwann die nächsten Wochen auch bei Llarowe und Co. verkauft.

      Delete
    3. Dann kann ich den Kauf ja noch nachholen. Ich höre mein Bankkonto schon wieder weinen :-p

      Delete
  7. this is really pretty! I'm waiting for my striping tape to arrive - then I'll be *attepmting* a mani just like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never did a tape mani before, and I found out that it's pretty easy. I'm sure you'll succeed.

      Delete
  8. ich bin geschockt wie viele wundervolle Lacke du hast und ich bin erst beim dritten Post von oben :D haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um ehrlich zu sein, mein Bankkonto ist auch geschockt, wie viele Lacke ich habe ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...