Monday, January 14, 2013

Coveted Candy Cane Crush




Red, white and green for today's mani (I start humming every time I look at these pictures: Fratelli... d'Italia...L'Italia... s'è desta...)





My base color today is Cult Nails Coveted (Behind the Curtains Collection), "a jelly, deep green with metallic green flakes and subtle green shimmer."
(Source: Cult Nails)
The pictures show three coats of Coveted without topcoat. The surface is a little rough, due to the flakies. If you want to wear it alone, you should probably use two layers of topcoat.












On top of Coveted, I added one dabbed coat of KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush. Candy Cane Crush is "SCENTED!! I know, with all the fragrances I have on hand, I should have done this sooner. This top coat is loaded with red and white hex glitters in many different sizes. This polish is scented with vanilla peppermint, for a classic sweet mint scent. Softly scented, this polish will not replace your perfume, but even when dry will leave a subtle scent. "
(Source: KBShimmer)



















As I mentioned here, I'm not too fond of scented polishes. But as I was wearing this one only for one day, it didn't annoy me too much. And I think I've read on Facebook that there's going to be an unscented version of Candy Cane Crush for those of you who prefer it that way. 

I didn't have any issues applying Candy Cane Crush, I had a good amount of glitter on every nail without fishing for it.

I finished with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Gliter Food and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer. 


Cult Nails Polishes can be found on their own shop and at Overall Beauty.

KBShimmer polishes are available at their shop (US only) and at Harlow & Co.



6 comments:

  1. I love Coveted!!! It is such a wearable yet edgy polish, so far, I could not bring myself to "hide" it under Glitter - if you know what I mean but this mani of yours just gave me an idea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I already mentioned, I get bored pretty quickly, so I have no problems with "hiding" a gorgeous polish behind glitter, as long as I took pictures of it ;-)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Christine! Coveted is already stunning by itself, wow!
    But the matte glitter has its "charme" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irgendwie gefällt mir der Cults Nails Nagellack nicht ganz so gut. Dabei liebe ich ansonsten alle Nagellacke von ihnen. Candy Cane sieht jedenfalls spitze aus.

    Ich habe bisher nur einen "scented" Nagellacke, nämlich den von Anna Sui. Dieser riecht nach Rosen. Ich muss sagen, dass es mich die ersten 1-2 Male beim Tragen etwas irritiert hat, da ich mich die ganze Zeit gefragt habe, woher der Rosenduft kommt, bis es mir wieder eingefallen ist. Extrem irritierend war auch, dass die Nägel auch nach Rosen schmecken. Ich habe nach dem Essen aus Reflex was von den Fingern geleckt und war doch etwas angewidert, dass meine Nägel so einen Geschmack abgeben, obwohl der Lack schon seit 2 Tagen drauf war. Das ist auf jeden Fall ein gutes Mittel gegen jeden Nagelkauer. Da gewöhnt man sich das schnell ab ^^

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich habe auch festgestellt, dass mich duftende Lacke sehr irritieren. Ich bleibe da lieber beim herkömmlichen Lösungsmittelgeruch, um ehrlich zu sein.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...