Friday, January 11, 2013

Blue Holo Gradient






This mani is my first attempt on gradient nails.





I used Color Club Blue Heaven (Halo Hues; I already showed this one here) and Enchanted Polish Bruised Nutcracker (Ho Ho Holoday Collection), two blue linear holos. Blue Heaven is a pastel baby blue. Bruised Nutcracker is a muted, grey-ish navy.

I started with three coats of Blue Heaven to get an even base.











Then I followed the instructions on this tutorial by the Nailasaurus, using Bruised Nutcracker at the tip and Blue Heaven at the cuticle (other way round on my ring finger). This way I created a very subtle gradient, but I thought it was too pale. Bruised Nutcracker was almost invisible. So I sponged some more of it on my tips. Now the color was more visible, but the gradient part got pretty coarse. It didn't look that bad in real life, but when I took a look at the pictures, I realised it wasn't really gradient-y. As I mentioned, it's a first try, so I guess I will improve with time (and practice).











Enchanted Polish are available at Harlow & Co.Mei Mei's SignaturesEtsy, Llarowe, but Bruised Nutcracker is discontinued now.


6 comments:

  1. Vielleicht wäre es besser herausgekommen, wenn du noch eine dritte Farbe zwischengemixt hättest? Oder die zweite Schicht Bruised Nutcracker nur an den Spitzen aufgetragen hättest, so dass die erste Schicht den Übergang gebildet hätte.

    Ich habe mich bisher auch noch nicht an Gradients versucht.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beim nächsten Mal werde ich es mit drei Farben versuchen. Vielleicht wäre es auch besser gewesen, einen weissen Lack als Base zu nehmen, anstelle von Blue Heaven. Du wirst auf jeden Fall das Resultat des nächsten Gradient-Versuches hier sehen können ;-)

      Delete
  2. Also ich finde das Ergebnis richtig schön :)

    Ja den von Catrice hatte ich auch schon, nicht schlecht aber eben auch nicht perfekt. Ich will meinen Liebling jetzt nie mehr hergeben :)

    Liebste Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combination. Instead of gradient I would call it a batik look :-)!!!! For a gradient I would have dabbed on some glitter over Bruised Nutcracker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...