Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Electrix Sex





I'm still not finished with showing you winter collection polishes. This is Darling Diva Polish Electric Sex, based on the movie A Christmas Story.



























Electric Sex has a black jelly base with lots of golden and golden holographic glitters in it, hexes in various sizes, squares and bars. The black jelly base is very sheer, so I decided to layer two coats of Electric Sex over one coat of a black creme. If you want to wear Electric Sex alone, I'd say it takes at least four coats to get it opaque. Application was a bit tricky, it had to wipe and dab alternatley, to spread the base and the glitters evenly. No big deal for someone who is used to work with glitter polishes, but for first time users it could be irritating.




















Electric Sex and other Darling Diva Polishes are available on Etsy.




9 comments:

  1. And there is a sale 20% off going on now! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is a sale 20% off going on now! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely manicure! how do you manage to have such a perfect cuticle line? when I wear glitter polish with big pieces they always andup messing my manicure! Do you have any advice?
    Thanks to Mimisan for the info too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia! I just do my normal clean up with a thin brush dipped in acetone. If there are some glitter particles that won't move, I remove them with an orange stick (the pointy end). I normally wait with clean up until the polish is almost dry, if I'm in a hurry and clean up my wet mani, I tend to ruin it. These bigger glitters are easier to remove than ultra small ones (especially holo particles); when I wear holos, my fingers still shimmer after clean up... ;-)

      Delete
  4. Another stunner!!! I love gold glitter in a dark base!!! I don't mind to dab and wipe if the base is not too goopy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base isn't goopy at all. If you're used to glitter polishes, application isn't an issue.

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog and went through all of your posts, and I'm so happy I did! Your swatches are so crisp and wonderful! You've made me want so many indie polishes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say! I have the same "problem" with indie polishes, I see one on a blog, fall instantly in love, buy it, see the next one... That's why I have so many ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...