Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jane Eyre's matte Heirloom





Since I loved this mani so much, I decided to try the same in pink.





I started with two coats of a England Jane Eyre, the red one of the Gothic Beauties Collection.





Jane Eyre is described as "intensly smouldering crimson embers, imprisoned in a veil of sombre black".
(Source: a England)

Sadly, the red shimmer is hardly visible. My camera wasn't really able to pick it up, and even in real life it looks mostly black. Maybe in direct sunlight the red shimmer glows, but as it's still dark when I leave the house in the morning, and it's already dark when I return, I can't really tell.








On top of Jane Eyre I added one dabbed coat of Girly Bits Heirloom (Season of Sparkle Collection), "A clear based glitter with all the vintage shades of a Victorian era Holiday".
(Source: Girly Bits Blog).





Heirloom contains Silver and magenta hexes in two sizes, one-sized lilac hexes and pink squares in three sizes.

I'm not really into pink polishes, but I do like heirloom. Layered over a dark base it looks classy, not Barbie.








As a finishing touch, I added one coat of Essence Soft Touch top coat over one coat of Essie Good to Go.















a England polishes are sold on their website, at Overall BeautyMei Mei's SignaturesPshiiit and Llarowe.


Girly Bits polishes are available at her own storeLlaroweHarlow & Co.Overall Beauty and Mei Mei's Signatures.


14 comments:

  1. I am stunned - forgive me my leap into German but "das ist der Hammer" !!! I ogled Heirloom repeatedly and have not given in yet but your pictures just might have changed my mind ;-)!!! I also own Jane Eyre and agree we would have to carry a torch right over our nails to bring this alive - still I love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can write your comments completely in german, if you want to. There are some people who do.
      I'm glad you like my mani. But please don't send me the invoice if you feel urged to order Heirloom ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ich liebe ja momentan matte Nägel. Trage ich auch gerade (in Kombi mit Flakies). Mir fällt gerade auch auf, dass ich Jane Eyre dringend mal tragen sollte. Der steht hier seit Wochen einfach nur so rum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt mit Flakies klingt toll, das muss ich auch mal ausprobieren. Bei mir stehen die meisten Lacke wochen- zum Teil auch monatelang rum, bevor ich Zeit habe, sie zu tragen. Ich kaufe einfach immer mehr Lacke, als ich Hände habe...

      Delete
    2. Dank Layering und Nail Art nutze ich jetzt mittlerweile mehr meiner Nagellacke. Ich versuche wirklich öfter mal was anderes zu tragen, aber viele stehen auch oft ewig unbenutzt rum. Es gibt einfach so viele schöne Nagellacke und es werden ja laufend neue Schönhheiten herausgebracht, dass es ja kein Wunder ist.

      Ich muss ja gestehen, dass ich an manchen Tagen an allen 10 Fingern einen anderen Nagellack trage, nur weil ich sie endlich mal testen möchte.

      Delete
    3. Das habe ich auch schon gemacht. Mein Ziel ist zurzeit, jede Woche mindestens 10 verschiedene Lacke zu tragen, damit ich mal mit den alten Kollektionen durch bin, bevor die neuen rauskommen.

      Delete
  3. Ich freu mich jedesmal wenn ich einen neuen Post von dir sehe :)
    Ich glaube bisher war keine einzige Mani dabei bei der ich dachte "ne gefällt mir jetzt nicht so gut"

    Das mit den Lacken Tragen ist ne gute idee - ich häng hoffnungslos hinterher, aber jetzt habe ich eine Datenbank mit "Benutzt" Flag *muhahaha* :)

    Flakies mattiert - schöne Idee :) kommt gleich mal auf meine Liste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schön, dass dir meine Posts gefallen. Das ist auch der Grund, warum ich blogge: um meine Manis mit Leuten zu teilen, die sich auch daran erfreuen.

      Ich mache es mir mit den ungetragenen Lacken einfach: anstatt sie mit den schon getragenen in die Schubladen zu sortieren, habe ich sie alle auf meiner grossen Kommode aufgestellt, schon in der Kombination, in der ich sie tragen will. Dann sehe ich sie auch ständig und werde dran erinnert, was ich alles noch vorhabe ;-)

      Delete
  4. OMG, I'm so loving this!! Now I'll have to get both Jane Eyre and Heirloom :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great, high quality polishes, it's no mistake to buy them ;-)

      Delete
  5. oh neeeiiiin diese Kombination ist ja noch schöner *_* und wie der Grundlack im Fläschen aussieht, omg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leider überträgt sich die schöne Farbe nicht auf den Nagel, jedenfalls ist es im Kunstlicht nicht sichtbar. Ich werde den Lack sicher bei schönerem Wetter nochmals tragen und Fotos im Sonnenschein machen. Hoffentlich sieht man den roten Schimmer dan besser.

      Delete
  6. oh my heavens, this is stunning!! thank you so much for posting.
    I wish I could read German.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you like it. The german comments are mostly about our huge stash of untried polishes, and how we proceed to wear them ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...