Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fuuuuuuuuuuudge!





I'm still not finished with showing all my winter/holiday polishes, so I'll just continue until spring comes ;-)





Fuuuuuuuuuuudge! (I hope I added the right amount of u's) ist the name of this Darling Diva Polish (Holiday 2012 Collection, based on the movie A Christmas Story)





As base color I used three coats of OPI Did You 'Ear About Von Gogh (Holland Collection), a light, slightly yellow toned nude.





Then I added, let's say 1.5 coats of Fuuuuuuuuuuudge! (I dabbed on one coat and added additional glitters where I thougt it was needed).

Fuuuuuuuuuuudge! is a "Brown shimmery based polish with multiple copper, brown, gold glitters along with some multi colored hexes and shreds.

We have all used "colorful" language, but when you are 7 or so "fudge" better be as harsh as it gets;) UNLESS you dump over your Dad's lug nuts while he is changing a tire on a busy street in the dark;) Then all bets are off!"
(Source: Darling Diva Polish Etsy shop) 













This polish also contains green microglitter. And it's scented! It's smells kind of chocolatey, I guess that's what american fudge smells like (I've never tasted it). This was the first time I was acutally wearing a scented polish, and I have to admit, it irritated me a little. At first I really liked the smell, but after a while, when you smell it every time to lift your hand to your face (yes, even after adding top coat, and it still smelled a little after three days), even while eating... Well, let's say, I wasn't too sad to change to a non scented polish...

On the macro shot the square glitters look a little curled, but the polish was totally smooth to the touch. I think this is called "reflective curling". I didn't mind, as the surface was not gritty. 






Darling Diva Polish is available on Etsy.


8 comments:

  1. I totally dislike scented polishes :( But this looks so awesome! I love the base polish on you, I've seen swatches in the past and I think it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. Nude polishes are always a little difficult, as they can look very different, depending on the skin tone. But I like this one, I have actually already worn it several times (ok, that was when I had "only" about 100 polishes, so it doesn't really count...)

      Delete
  2. wow, das sieht wirklich total toll aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank. Optisch gefällt mir der Lack super, nur der Schokoduft müsste nicht sein. Aber das ist ja glücklicherweise Geschmackssache.

      Delete
  3. I love this combination!! And the glitter is awesome!!! I don't really care for scented nailpolishes and smelling them after days would probably drive me bonkers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be pretty irritating, no matter what you eat, you always smell chocolate :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...