Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bah F@#$%*G Humbug






You know  I love blue, so there's another blue based mani.





I started with three coats of OPI I Have A Herring Problem (Holland Collection), a grey-ish blue. Or ist it a blue-ish grey? I can't really tell, but there's blue and grey in this color. And golden shimmer (I know, it looks silver in my pictures, but IRL it's golden)! While I really love the color, I wasn't too happy with the formula. It's pretty sheer (I even could have used a fourth coat) and very thin, leaning on runny. I flooded my cuticles on several nails. And due to the gorgeous golden shimmer, my fingers were left all glittery after clean up.








On top of I Have A Herring Problem I added one dabbed coat of Crows Toes Bah F@#$%*G Humbug (Crowsmas Collection), a clear base with gold, blue and green hex glitters in various sizes and bar glitters. Some of the bar glitters are holographic. This polish is, as most Crows Toes polishes are, packed with glitters. You could probably build it up to opacity with three to four coats. 






I finished with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.





















Bah F@#$%*G Humbug was a limited edition and sadly is retired now. But there are lots of other gorgeous Crows Toes polishes, available at Llarowe and at Overall Beauty.




And for those who are wondering: yes, this is the mani I gave you a sneak peak of in the Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food post. 




6 comments:

  1. Great look! And what a funny name for a glitter! At first I thought you were upset! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm a little upset that Blogger won't show the last two pictures properly... In the mobile version they're OK, but not in the web version :-/

      But I do like the name, I love interesting or even bizarre polish names. Way better than e.g. Manhattan polishes, who are called things like "1010N" (I would definitely buy a polish called "NCC-1701", though...)

      Delete
  2. A pretty glitter. But I don't like those stick-thingies. Would be much nicer if there were only roundshaped glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really into bar glitters, either. I like polishes with differently shaped glitters, but they could skip the bars ;-)

      Delete
  3. Too bad that polish was limited edition, but I shouldn't be too sad since I have a drawer full of untried indies that need to be used :P

    I really love this combo! Too bad about the formula on the OPI polish, it doesn't appear thin by solely looking at the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy if I had "only" a drawer full of untried polishes. I used to buy more polishes each month than I could wear, so my stash of untrieds grew all the time. At the moment I'm trying to buy less and wear more. I hope it works...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...