Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mitochondrial Eve








For today's mani  I started with Essie Stylenomics (Stylenomics Collection), a very dark, almost black green creme. The formula on this one is excellent, it's almost a one-coater, but I used two coats, just to make sure.





Then I added one coat of Darling Diva Polish Mitochondrial Eve. This polish was inspired by the TV series Battlestar Galactica (I love this series, got it complete on DVD). It's a real glitterbomb with various sizes and shapes (including squares!) of green, blue, purple, red and gold glitters. There's so much going on I just couldn't stop taking pictures of this one.




















I had no problems applying Mitochondrial Eve. The formula is a little thick, but that's to be expected with dense glitter polishes. I finished with two coats of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer for a smooth finish.

Darling Diva Polishes are available on Etsy, but the Battlestar Galactica Collection unfortunately seems to be discontinued.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful glitter!!! I love it <3 and your combination rocks - just that little something that makes your mani looking edgy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get bored pretty fast when every nail looks the same. That's why I love polishes with various kinds of glitter in it: every nails looks a little different.

      Delete
  2. I really love the final look! those glitter bomb are so much fun, and I like when you can still see the dark base polish through it, it gives it a certain depth, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia! I'm sure you've already noticed that I love these glitter bombs, too ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...