Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Twilight Sky Never Dies








Today I have a purple mani to show you my purple-hating camera was completely unable to capture correctly. Please imagine all the colors a little more red-ish.






My base color is OPI  Tomorrow Never Dies (Skyfall Collection), a sheer purple base with lots of blue shimmer, which combine to a shimmering „blurple“ color. I used three coats for opacity and had no issues applying. Tomorrow Never Dies is not my favourite Bond movie, but still a gorgeous polish ;-)




Then I added one coat of GlimmerbyErica Twilight Sky (old version). „This polish’s inspiration was a stunning sunset I saw one summer evening. It has a sparkling purple glitter base with purple, blue, and orange micro glitter, blue sapphire holo glitter, purple square glitter, and dark navy blue glitter, all in a clear lacquer base.“, that’s how Erica from GlimmerbyErica describes the old version of Twilight Sky (I couldn’t find the square glitter, though). This version seems to be long gone (I have to admit, I bought this polish in july, und haven’t worn it until now), but there’s a new version of it that looks pretty similar, without the holo hexes, but with additional micro glitter in fuchsia.




Application was a breeze, no fishing for glitters or dabbing the polish needed. I finished with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.



 

 








GlimmerbyErica polishes are available on Etsy.



14 comments:

  1. Wunderhübsche Kombi. Wirkt durch den orangenen Glitzer sehr besonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both polishes have beautiful color! You combined 2 great movies: Twilight and James Bond :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And whyy wont cameras capture purple :C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd really like to know why my camera can't capture purple. Or even better : how I can change that...

      Delete
  4. The way the camera is catching the purple it looks similar to China Glaze Want my Bawdy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have this China Glaze, so I can neither confirm nor deny the similarity ;-)

      Delete
  5. Ui, schick und ganz besonders mag ich die Makroaufnahme von dem Glitterlack - Ich liebe solche Sachen und sie verführen mich immer wieder zum kaufen...
    Weiß also nicht ob ich dir jetzt dankbar sein soll oder böse auf dich ^_^
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitte nicht böse sein, das böse böse Internet ist schuld, ich kann nichts dafür ;-)

      Delete
  6. Stunning and beautiful, I really, really love this :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...