Friday, March 15, 2013

Erin Go Bragh-less





Another St. Patrick's Day mani. This one is really special to me: it's the first polish I've been asked to review! I feel so honored that Pam (Girly Bits) considered me to review her gorgeous polishes, thank you so much, Pam!





As base color I used three coats of OPI Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow, a deep forest green jelly with an extremely subtle shimmer. I had to flash the picture to show a hint of that shimmer. On my ring finger, as an accent nail, I just skipped the base color :-)






Then I added Girly Bits Erin Go Bragh-less, "a stunning green jelly glitter, jam packed with various sizes and shades of green and gold, and holo."
(Source: Girly Bits)
The green jelly base is very bright and vibrant, I'd call it acid green. There are also orange squares next to the green, gold and holo hexes (all the red, pink and blue you may see on my pictures are the holo hexes).



 

I used one coat of Erin Go Bragh-less over Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow and three coats on my ring finger. My thumb shows a little more than one coat, I didn't have any of the orange squares on my "macro-shot-nail", so I dropped some more polish on it (I could have put some polish on a plastic bag and add some od the squares with a dotting tool, but I have to admit, I was just too lazy for that :-p). Application of Erin Go Bragh-less was great, no fishing for glitters or dabbing needed.






 








As I didn't know the phrase, I googled who Erin was and what happend to her bra(gh), and I found out that Erin go bragh (Éirinn go Brách) means something like Ireland forever. As I do like Ireland and the Irish (at least most of the ones I met), I'm totally fine with wearing a polish that shows the love for this island :-)

And to finish, just a picture I took when I spent some days in Eire a couple of years ago (yes, it's green).


Brú na Bóinne, Ireland


Girly Bits polishes are available at her own storeLlaroweHarlow & Co.Overall Beauty and Mei Mei's Signatures. As far as I know, Erin Go Bragh-less is only available at Pam's own store at the moment.




The polish in this post was sent my for my honest review.



6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...