Friday, January 3, 2014

Scarlet & Grey





Today's polish was part of Different Dimension's football collection, a line of glitter jellies in colors of football teams. I don't know much about football, here in Europe, it's more about soccer (well, soccer is often called football in Europe, though), but I when I was 18, I had a boyfriend who played football (he was a running back), so I studied the rules, went to all games, but I forgot almost everything I knew about this game... His colors were green and white, by the way.





Back to the polish: Scarlet & Grey has a very sheer light grey jelly base, filled with red and white hexes in various sizes from absolutely tiny to pretty huge. Due to the sheerness of the base, I used four thick coats, but you can still see my natural nail under the polish. I finished with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.













This football collection has been discontinued quite some time ago, but you can find other polishes by Different Dimension on Etsy, at Mei Mei's Signatures or at Llarowe.



7 comments:

  1. Very delicate and pretty! Since a couple of weeks I follow an IG account of a former working colleague called Scarlet & Grey, named after their puppy Bulldogs - I finally seem to understand where the names for the two came from :-D!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... name one's pet after the colors of one's favorite sports team? I'd never thought of that ("Schwarz" and "Gäub" would be stupid names for pets...). I used to have gerbils (Wüstenrennmäuse) as a kid and (not so) young adult, I always named them after characters in TV shows I liked :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha, säg nüt :-D!!! Ich ha min Nell no adoptiert, also her er scho de Name gha - nach eme Büsi inere Chindergschicht - eidütig besser als irgendei Farb ;-). Wüestemüüs sind so putzig - de Nell het emol eini heimbrocht - mir hend sie selbstverständlich grettet ;-)

      Delete
  2. Aw, bummer that it has been discontinued, because it looks really cute. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my resolutions (not really new year's resolution, I've been planning this for quite some time now) is to stop buying more polishes than I can wear. If I ever manage to do that, I'll be able to show the polishes as long as they're still available, so I won't have to disapoint you anymore...

      Delete
  3. Eine tolle Kombi, grau und rot mag ich sehr.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...