Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Mani





I'm very late with showing you my Christmas mani, but I got sick right after Christmas and spent a whole week in bed (or on the couch) and didn't feel like editing pictures or writing a blog post (I ususally write my posts in advance and schedule them, that's why you still had something to read in the past few days). I'm felling a little better now (meaning I have to blow my nose only like every eight minutes instead of every two), so here it is: the mani I wore at Christmas.





As base color I used The Polish Well Wrath, a ruby red jelly with small black hexes, red hexes in two sizes plus red squares (or are they gold and just look red through the jelly base? Hard to tell). Application was easy, no issues to report, I used three coats for opacity and finished with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.










For my accent nail I added a Christmas Tree using P2 Opulent, a dark, blackened green texture polish, and some striping tape (plus OPI Honey Ryder and a dotting tool for the "star" on top of the tree). These striping tape Christmas trees have been part of Christmas manis all over the internet for quite some time now, so I can't tell you who invented it (but I can tell you it wasn't me).









At the moment, apparently there's no shop where The Polish Well polishes are available. If you follow The Polish Well Blog, Mich, the creator, announces pre-sales of her polishes, that's how I got mine.  


8 comments:

  1. Just perfect! I love that red jelly - I start to get more and more into jellies - a personal trend for spring maybe? Lovely accent nail!!! Hope you are feeling better by the hour <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't start to like jellies, you've been liking them for quite some time now, or did you forget the gorgeous Emily de Molly jellies you own? :-)

      Delete
  2. Was für eine tolle Idee! Der Tannenbaum sieht wirklich super aus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke. Im Internet schwirren so viele tolle Manis rum, die ich irgendwann noch kopieren will :-)

      Delete
  3. Really lovely! I like how your tree is so abstract :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa. I'm pretty clumsy, so natural-looking nailart just isn't possible and I have to stick to abstract ones :-)

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather for the New Year, I hope you're better now! This mani is gorgeous, the tree is very sharp but what I love the most is that red nail polish! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nati. I love this polish too, even if I usually don't wear red. I'd feeling a little better, but it'll still take some time until I'm completely well.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...