Thursday, January 9, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Day 1 - Pink






I'm a little excited about today's post, as it is a premiere: on january 1st I've joined the Crumpet's Nail Tarts and today's my first participation in one of her challenges. I've chosen the Golden Oldies Thursday challenge (you can see the rules for this challenge at the end of this post), as I didn't want to start with a challenge where I had to post daily, and I do own a lot of older untried polishes, so I thought this would be the perfect challenge to start with.





Today's theme is pink, and so this challenge started with a real challenge for me: I don't own many pink polishes, as I don't like the color too much. But I've found one in my huge stash of untrieds I wanted to show you.




As base color I used Catrice Mona Lisa Is Staring Back. While it's not pink, it does have slight pink undertones and a gourgeous golden shimmer. Mona Lisa Is Staring Back is pretty sheer, I guess it was meant to be used with french manicures. Three coats were enough to use it as base color for this mani, to wear it alone I would have used a fourth. One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top helped to speed up the drying time (it didn't speed it up enough for my impatience, as you can see in the pictures of the finished mani, the base color wasn't completely dry when I added the tape, sorry about that).








I used normal scotch tape to tape off the triangles and added one thick coat of OPI My Adress is "Hollywood" (Touring America Collection). My Adress Is "Hollywood" is a vibrant hot pink polish with the same subtle golden shimmer as the base color. Another coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top finished this mani.
















If I really added the Inlikz Widget correctly (it's the first time I use it), you should be able to see the manis of the other participants below.





12 comments:

  1. Such a great idea!!!! And since I am not very pink either your interpretation is giving a great neutral contrast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine <3 I guess that's the only way I could ever wear this polish (I didn't choose to buy it, it was part of a set and was waiting with my untrieds for ages) :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the design. But I probably would have chosen a bolder, brighter color instead of Mona Lisa Is Staring Back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. I like it how it is, but it would certainly look awesome with two vibrant colors combined :-)

      Delete
  3. Ui, ich find's richtig schick. Da muss ich mir mal überlegen, ob ich auch einsteige :) Tolle Aktion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klar, tu das, mit einmal pro Woche posten ist die Challenge richtig "gemütlich" :-)

      Delete
  4. the colours look really good together, I'm far too impatient for taped manis and always ruin my basecoat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, if you take a closer look at my index finger you'll see I was too impatient with this one, too ;-)

      Delete
  5. I love this nude polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marieta! I love the golden shimmer, but I don't usually wear sheer nudes, so I probably wouldn't wear it alone...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...