Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Box, Indied - Dropping Balls






The last polish of the january "A Box, Indied" is Wicked Polish Dropping Balls.






Dropping Balls is a royal blue jelly with medium light blue circles, big blue holographic circles, blue and aqua hexes and dots, small blue holograhpic glitters and blue stars. I used two coats for opacity, plus one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat or Rica Glossy Glam for a smooth(er) and glossy finish.

I'm somewhat torn regarding this polish. On one hand, there's the look, obviously. It's gorgeous, blue, glittery, just absolutely my cup of tea. But not even a polish can live of looks alone. The downside is the formula/application. Dropping Balls is very thick, stringy, lumpy, which makes it very hard to apply evenly. Thin coats are almost impossible (that's why my middle finger looks like I was wearing badly done gel nails). While I love looking at Dropping Balls, I probably won't wear it a second time, application is too bad to be fun.














Wicked Polish are available at thier own shop and at Harlow & Co.  Dropping Balls is exclusive to the january "A Box, Indied". The box with five polishes is available at Llarowe as a one month only box or as subscription (50$ per box).





8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous but the formula doesn't sound all that great. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is too bad, I expected this one to be my favorite of the january box... :-/

      Delete
  2. wundervoll :) das blau ist einfach toll! Ich wollte mir von der Marke auch endlich einen Lack kaufen aber immer wenn ich bestellen möchte sind alle bei harlow ausverkauft :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das passiert mir öfters, dass ich ganz verrückt nach einem bestimmten Lack (oder einer bestimmten Marke) bin und der ständig ausverkauft ist. Zu doof, so was :-/

      Delete
  3. Beautiful - I hope my January Box will arrive soon - what do you think - would some Drops of thinner or one coat over a blue base diminish the application challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first coat was already lumpy, so using only one coat probably wont help. But adding some thinner might be a good idea. Maybe it's just my bottle with this poor formula, I haven't read any complaints on other blogs.

      BTW, I got my shipping conformation for the february box :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...