Thursday, January 30, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Day 4 - Dots







The next theme in the Golden Oldie Thursday Challenge is dots.





As base color I used OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous (Swiss Collection), a pewter colored foil polish. Interestingly enough, this polish was released right about the time I moved into the town it's named after, beautiful Lucerne :-)

Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous is a little sheerer than I expected, opacity was OK after three coats, but a fourth one wouldn't have hurt.








Then I used Essence stamping polishes in silver and black plus dotting tools in three different sizes to add the dots, alternating the colors, starting in the lower right corner and taking a smaller dotting tool after every other dot.













I'm not really used to work with dotting tools yet, so my dots aren't really round. Do you have any tips to get them more even? Should I use more polish?


As always, the other participant's manis below.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful - and now I remember I have this one too - in my untrieds ;-)! I like your Interpretation of dots - sadly my dotting skills are moderate at best, so I can hardly give a valuable tip - I think it is practise, practise and so on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, that's the best tip there is, it helps with almost everything :-)

      Delete
  2. That's a really unique design :) I haven't been using a dotting tool that long but I'd say they appear round to me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderhübsch, die Grundfarbe ist toll! Ich hab das goldene Pendant Glitzerland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den Glitzerland habe ich auch, als Schweizerin musste ich natürlich bei dieser Kollektion zuschlagen :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...