Monday, January 27, 2014

A Box, Indied - Frozen Fairy Floss






Polish number four of the january "A Box, Indied" is Different Dimension Frozen Fairy Floss.





As base color I used Essence My Little Kimono (Cherry Blossom Girl Limited Edition), a shimmery medium taupe. I used two coats for opacity and had no issues with application.








Then I added one dabbed coat of Different Dimension Frozen Fairy Floss. Frozen Fairy Floss has a clear base with white hexes in two sizes, small iridescent hexes, white, silver holographic and pastel pink circles and snowflakes, small silver holographic squares and big silver and pink holographic circles (aka "saucers") plus holographic and iridescent microglitter.




Frozen Fairy Floss contains similar glitter as Ice Queen from the december box, so I expected Frozen Fairy Floss to be similarly difficult to apply, but I was positively surprised to find it much easier in use. Of course the snow flakes and saucers didn't just jump out of the bottle, but a little swirling the brush around was enough to get them out, and all the glitters stayed where I placed them.

Due to the big glitters I added one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food and one coat of Rica Glossy Glam topcoat.













Different Dimension polishes can be found on Etsy, at Mei Mei's Signatures or at Llarowe. Frozen Fairy Floss is exclusive to thejanuary "A Box, Indied". The box with five polishes is available at Llarowe as a one month only box or as subscription (50$ per box).

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty combination and I love the snowflakes!!! Were you lucky to get the Feb Box? I believe my luck failed me - all I ever saw on Llarowe was sold out - oh well, there are many pretty polishes in my untrieds - money saved :-S en guete Wuchestart xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the subscription, so theoretically, if everything works out as it should, I should get it. If you're interested: I'm probably only going to keep the teal llarowe one, so if you'd like to get the other four after I swatched them, just say so :-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous combo! I love that dainty glitter mix :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not *that* crazy about the top coat, but I do like the overall result. I'd probably wear that base color just on its own though, it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the base polish, too. Even if you don't see me wearing neutral polishes too often, I really love them. Before I dived into indie polishes alsmost two years ago, my stash contained about 70% neutrals :-)

      Delete
  4. That glitter is gorgeous! I especially love how it looks with a brown base. I think the colors really compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my combination. I love both polishes, the neutral base and the glitter :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ich finde den Namen auch toll und ärgere mich immer, wenn Marken ihren Lacken/Lippenstiften/etc. entweder nur einen langweiligen ("Dark Red") oder gar keinen Namen sondern nur eine Nummer geben (Ja Manhattan, du bist gemeint).

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...