Thursday, January 16, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Day 2 - Stripes








Today's thursday, and this means turn two for the Golden Oldie Thursdays! Today's theme is "Stripes".





I started with three coats of China Glaze Harvest Moon (Capitol Colors Collection, I already used it in one of my very first blogposts back in november 2012), a copper-y orange foil, plus one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to speed up the drying time.








Then I added three pieces of striping tape per nail and one thick coat of Barielle Falling Star (All Lacquered Up Collection), a royal blue polish with small copper glitters.















Below you can see how the other participiants realized the theme.





10 comments:

  1. I love this combination!!! Falling Star sat until not too long ago in my untrieds too - such a uniqe polish.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember your post about Falling Star... I just checked, hey, you already used it twice! Way to go, girl! :-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I love blue and orange together, so original and edgy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, das sieht wahnsinnig genial aus. Diese filigranen Linien *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank, Wiebke! Ich liebe Striping Tape, da kriegt selbst jemand wie ich ohne die geringste Feinmotorik filigrane (und vor allem gerade) Linien hin :-)

      Delete
  4. Love how the blue has an orange glitter in it, it goes perfectly together with the orange background.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Arletta! I was lucky to have a polish in the same color as the small glitters in my stash. But then, my stash is so huge, there are not many colors you don't find in it ;-)

      Delete
  5. I really love Falling Star! And, I really like how textured your look came out, very cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Callie. The textured look comes from using a lot of polish (and not using topcoat) ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...