Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Box, Indied - Winter Veil






In Switzerland we're still waiting for winter to come (ok, not all of us are waiting, some people hate snow and are already waiting for summer), if feels more like spring here. While I'm waiting for the snow, I'm bringing it to my nails with the next polish of the december "A Box, Indied": Ethereal Lacquer Winter Veil.





Winter Veil is a silvery white holo polish with added iridescent and silver holographic hex glitters for some extra sparkle. While the sparkly effect reminds me of fresh show in the sunlight, this polish isn't white as snow, more like a slighty grey snow cloud (or a little less poetic: like freshly fallen snow in a very polluted city...). As was to be ecpexted with such a light holo polish, Winter Veil is very sheer. I used four coats and it still wasn't completely opaque.








With flash, not really color accurate, but it shows the sparkles


On top of Winter Veil I added some snowflakes using a England Tristam and Vivid lacquer plate V006. While Tristam is a blue holo polish with only slight purple undertones (as you can see here), it looks real purple in the thin stamped layer. One coat of Rica Glossy Glam topcoat finished this mani.













a England polishes are available at various places, you'll find a complete list of retailers here.


Ethereal Lacquer are sold on Bigcartel (US only) and at Mei Mei's Signatures. Winter Veil was exclusive to the december "A Box, Indied". The box with five polishes is available at Llarowe as a one month only box or as subscription (50$ per box).

10 comments:

  1. looks great, I Love the snowflakes! I have to get plates or stamps!
    http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love snowflake manis during the winter, I got at least five different snowflake stamping plates ;-)

      Delete
  2. Very delicate and wintery!!! Love the blurple snowflakes. And while I don't like the grey slugish Snow in the city, I think this Ethereal Lacquer is very pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine! Does anyone really like this grey "Pflotsch" in town? I don't thing so :-)

      Delete
  3. Passt ja super zu diesem aktuellen Essencehighlighter mit der lila Schneeflocke :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stimmt! Ich habe mir den Highlighter zwar nicht richtig angesehen im Laden (da ich nie Highlighter trage reicht einer, der zu Hause doof rumsteht), aber nach den Blogbildern, die ich gesehen habe, passt das absolut :-)

      Delete
  4. It's a cute combo, definitely :-) Maybe the snow gods will feel flattered and bring us some snow now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so. I still have to wait five more weeks until my week of skiing, but I want snow!

      Delete
  5. Lovely look! So pretty and delicte Andrea. It's sooo funny how two people can have different perspective on the same reality. I just published a post on how fed up I am with winter! hahaha
    I really have a different idea of what "Spring" means. But yes, honestly it feels like a very bad Swiss spring right now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nati! Well the weather at the moment is not how I like spring (the spring I like contains sunshine and flowers and birds etc., I guess that's what you have in mind, too), but the spring we like and the spring we get usually isn't really the same...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...