Monday, January 13, 2014

A Box, Indied - Ice Queen






I'm pretty late with showing you the polishes of the december "A Box, Indied", but it was sent late and only arrived at Christmas Eve. The first of the five polishes I have to show you is Black Cat Lacquer Ice Queen.





As base color I used Catrice Paralilac (Celtica Limited Edition), a glass flecked slightly taupe-leaning medium purple. Application was easy, I used three coats for opacity.








On top of Paralilac, I dabbed one coat of Black Cat Lacquer Ice Queen, a clear base with circles in various pastel colors, white hexes, circles and snowflakes plus holographic microglitter.




As beautiful as this polish is, it's a little hard to work with, the base is a little too thin but still has the tendency to get gloopy. The snowflakes are hard to get out of the bottle, even with placing the bottle upside down before polishing. It took me several turns of shaking and fishing until I had one single snowflake on my brush. One coat of Rica Glossy Glam topcoat was enough to povide a smooth finish.













Black Cat Lacquer are available at their own store (US and Canada), at MeiMei's Signatures and at Anjo Beauty. Ice Queen was exclusive to the december "A Box, Indied". The box with five indie polishes is available at Llarowe as a one month only box or as subscription (50$ per box).


4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I think you combined another beautiful pair here!!! Too bad about the consistency of the glitter - I had the same experience with another glitter from that brand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they're just using a bad suspension base (it's just my second polish by this brand, and the first one had a black jelly base, so I can't really compare them)

      Delete
  2. Ice Queen is gorgeous! I love the mix of the pastel glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Melissa! It's really gorgeous to look at, but the application takes a bit the fun out of it...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...