Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Facet





Today's mani might seem unusually plain, but I've been eyeing this polish, Illamasqua Facet, for such a long time until I finally got it, that I wanted to show it without any distraction. Again, thank you so much Deborah for helping me to get this one!




Facet has a murky taupe base with the typical hints of grey and purple, depending on the light. What distinguishes this one from other taupe polishes is the intense flakie shimmer in a color that lies somewhere between gold and bronze. Sometimes flakie shimmer cremes tend to hide all the shimmer in the base, but not this one. The flakies are clearly visible even in low light. As a special extra, Facet looks like it's hidden under a grey veil in certain angles.

I used three thin coats of Facet (with shorter nails two might be enough) and had no issues with application. I added some Born Pretty Store studs and secured them with Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.
















10 comments:

  1. What a beauty. And that accent with the studs looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty - I totally understand your determination in the quest to find this little number and while the mani is "plain" the polish is absolutely not. I agree, this certainly deserves some center stage time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, too. While the effort to get it was enormous, the polish is absolutely worth it <3

      Delete
  3. wunderbar elegant und der schimmer.... ich bin hin und weg!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genau so ging es mir auch bei jedem Foto, dass ich gesehen habe, daher musste ich den Lack unbedingt haben (und über die Niederlande zu mir schicken lassen...) <3

      Delete
  4. Hammer Grundfarbe, solche Lacke sind der Wahnsinn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich bin auch ganz verliebt in den Lack <3

      Delete
  5. It looks perfect on you ♥!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy I finally got it <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...