Tuesday, March 24, 2015

52 Week Challenge - Mosaic or Stained Glass / Pink and Orange








Mosaic or stained glass and pink plus orange are this week's themes for the 52 week challenge. As I don't own any orange polishes, I chose to try a mosaic mani using three holo shades of pink/red.




This mani took some preparation. I brushed ILNP Very Ornamental, a England Her Rose Adagio and Colors By Llarowe Courage, Brains, Heart on a plastic bag and let them dry completely. Then I peeled the color patches off and cut them into pieces. I polished my nails black (one coat of aEngland Camelot) and placed the polish pieces with the help of a dotting tool directly on the wet polish. One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top kept the pink pieces in place.








with flash



ILoveNailpolish are available on Etsy and at their own shop.

a England polishes are available at various places, you'll find a complete list of retailers here.

Colors By Llarowe are available at Llarowe and at Harlow & Co.




4 comments:

  1. Love your mosaic - was wirth your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie! The mani itself wasn't really time consuming, I just had to remember to start it two days early ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love it! It reminds me of the beautiful glass mosaics in churches and cathedrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that was exactly the effect I was aiming for :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...