Tuesday, March 3, 2015

52 Week Challenge - Ikat / Metallic









This weeks themes for the 52 Week Challenge are ikat and metallic.





I've never tried ad ikat mani before, so I googled for a tutorial and followed this one by MissJenFabulous. The polishes I used are Barry M Silver Foil, Kiko 621 Violet (Metallic) plus black and white Stamping Polish by Essence. I applied the black and white polishes with a thin nail art brush. As always, one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top gave some extra shine.
















6 comments:

  1. Your ikat design is totally cool! I can't believe this is only your first try! The barryM silver foil is a lemming of mine, could I know where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nati. I bought my Barry M.s directly with the brand store, back when shipping nail polishes from the UK abroad was still possible. I've seen that Asos sells Barry M polishes, but not the foil collection. Maybe you'll find it on Ebay?

      Delete
    2. oh, i thought you got it before the ban... mmm i really don't like buying on ebay, i guess i'll search for a dupe or something ;)

      Delete
    3. I'm sure you'll find something, a lot od brands release opaque silver metallics :-)

      Delete
  2. Well done! And that for a first try, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! And I have to add, that this wasn't only my first try, it was done on the "wrong hand", too (I broke a nail on my swatch hand and it isn't representable yet...)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...