Monday, March 16, 2015

52 Week Challenge - Mermaid / Lilac and Green








 This week's challenge themes are mermaid and lilac/green.





For this mani I started with a base of Essie Mint Candy Apple. On my pinkie, index and thumb I then added one coat of KBShimmer Squared Away, a cleared base glitter topper with lots of square glitters in silver, blue, aqua, magenta and lilac.




On my ring and middle finger I added some home made stamping decals (my first), I used Essence Black Stamping Polish, Essie Turquoise&Caicos and Bangle Jangle plus OPI Jade Is The New Black with MoYou Sailor Collection plate 07. I fixed everything with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.













While creating the stamping decals was pretty easy, I had quite some troubles applying them, as the turned out to be somewhat stiff and brittle. Does anyone haye any tips to avoid tearing (like on my middle finger) or edges sticking out (ring finger)?



KBShimmer polishes are sold on their website (US only) and at Harlow & Co.




4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the crack :-( But I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this mani is soo pretty! I have also tried the stamping deals a few days ago (with much less succes than you I must say!) and if you hadn't put that close up I wouldn't have notices it tore, for me is perfect!
    I've done mine on a plastic bag and allow to dry quite a bit, also made sure to put a thick topcoat on it, so is easier to grab it. I had no problem sticking it to my nail, however when I used topcoat to merge it to my nail... MASSIVE POLISH DRAG!! aaaghh, that was sooo frustrating. I need another topcoat ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one do you use? It's really hard to find the perfect topcoat...
      My problems with the decals was them beeing too thick and sturdy, maybe I let them dry too long (is there something like a too long dried decal?)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...