Friday, December 14, 2012

Lady Of Shalott in Winter Wonderland





A wintery blue combo today.





For this mani I started with two coats of a England Lady of Shalott (Gothic Beauties Collection), "a captive and etherally beautiful sapphire heart, shrouded in a blackened curse".
(Source: a England)





In low light, Lady of Shalott looks almost completely black. But when the lights hit it, you can see the gorgeous sapphire blue shimmer. The formula on this one is great, not too thin, not too thick and if you use a thicker coat, it could be a one coater. I used two thin coats, out of habit.









On top of Lady of Shalott, I added one dabbed coat of GlimmerbyErica Winter Wonderland (Winter Collection), "a mix of different colored blue hexes, silver holographic micro glitter, iridescent square glitter and iridescent micro glitters, all in a clear base. It is what comes to my mind when I think about winter. Cold blues, icy crystals and glittering goodness! "
(Source: GlimmerbyErica Etsy shop)






The larger periwinkle hexes showed some reflective curling (they look like they curl, but in fact they're lying flat), but that's the only "issue" I had with this polish. The glitters in Winter Wonderland are a little less dense than in the other GlimmerbyErica polishes I tried. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I really like Winter Wonderland the way it is.













I really loved this combo, but I figured this must look amazing mattified. So I added one coat of Essence Special Effects Matte Topper (I don't know if it's still available, I couldn't find it on their homepage) over the coat of Essie Good to Go I used. I think it turned out gorgeous.














a England polishes are sold on their website, at Overall BeautyMei Mei's SignaturesPshiiit and Llarowe.


GlimmerbyErica polishes are available on Etsy.








4 comments:

  1. Die passen wirklich super gut zusammen. Und in matt sieht es auch echt toll aus.

    Ich habe meinen Lady Of Shalott auch gerade bekommen. Zusammen mit Ophelia und Jane Eyre. Und leider schimmert LOS nicht so viel und schön wie die anderen. Jane Eyre hat mich wirklich umgehauen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich habe mir die ganze Kollektion geholt und freue mich darauf, sie alle zu tragen. Ich denke im Sonnenschein würde der Schimmer besser rauskommen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...