Monday, February 18, 2013

Time Traveler's Seduction




Today I have no glitter, but flakies to show you: Cult Nails Seduction over Time Traveler.




Cult Nails sold these two polishes as a set a while ago (including thier "Wicked Fast" topcoat). Time Traveler is in their permanent range, but Seduction is a limited edition


Time Traveler is a ninth Doctor Tardis blue creme. For non-Whovians: this means a dark, muted navy.
"Nowhere, in any other timeline, or parallel universe, has a plain blue polish been so perfect.  You can search back through time, but a rich, vivid navy blue crème with a flawless finish, like this, just hasn’t existed until now!  Time Traveler was originally offered as part of the “Super Powers” Collection, 2011."
(Source: Cult Nails) 





This polish is very well pigmented. On one hand, this is great, it means it's opaque with one thicker or two thinner coats (I used two). On the other hand, this also means clean up (and removing) is a mess. My pictures show the result of 10 minutes of clean up: my cuticles are still blue... Hello smurf fingers! But the blue cuticles were the only issue I had with this polish. The formula is great, neither too thick nor too thin, and it dries fast and shiny (the picture shows it without topcoat).



On top of Time Traveler I added the second polish of the set: Seduction. Seduction contains lots and lots of flakies. Some of them are blue, but most are multichrome: They change from fuchsia over orange and yellow to green, depending on the angle you look at them.





 





I added one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast over Seduction, and then decided to mattify this mani. So I added an additional coat of Essence Soft Touch Topcoat.




























Cult Nails Polishes are sold at their own shop and at Overall Beauty.









 
 

13 comments:

  1. I love Seduction!!! I only opened up the bottle recently for a flakie comparison and was all OMG why did I wait soooo long??? My favorite dark blues are Butter London Royal Navy and Nfu Oh 119 - I prefer my dark blues to be more jellyish ;-). I like both versions - shiny and matte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love dark blue jellies! I have to check out the two you mentioned!

      Delete
  2. Wirklich eine zauberhafte Kombination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolle Kombination! Ich liebe Seduction in matt <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irgendwo habe ich matte Flakies gesehen und musste das mal ausprobieren. War das bei dir?

      Delete
    2. Ja, ich hab die japanischen Pa Flakies geschichtet und mit einem matten Top Coat versehen. Da war auch Seduction mit dabei. Schön, dass das hängengeblieben ist ^^

      Delete
  4. SO pretty! Reminds me of Unicorn Puke. I literally just bought Seduction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got a bottle of Unicorn Puke, so I guess Seduction is the next best thing ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, ist der Lack toll!
    Irgendwie gehen die cult nails Lacke immer an mir vorbei, aber sie haben so schöne Farben...
    Schade, dass es den clairvoyant nicht mehr gibt :-(
    Aber deine Kombi finde ich richtig schick <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank!

      Wenn dir der Seduction gefällt, solltest du dich beeilen. Cult Nails machen Schlussverkauf, vom Seduction sind gemäss Facebook nur noch 49 Flaschen vorhanden ;-)

      Delete
  6. Die Kombination ist ja echt traumhaft! :-) Und ich merke, dass ich es wirklich mal probieren sollte, matten Topcoat über die Splitter aufzutragen... Wirkt sehr hübsch.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich, dass es dir gefällt. Ich bin allgemein ein grosser Fan von mattierten Lacken, die sehen gleich ganz anders und irgendwie edler aus :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...