Thursday, May 8, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Neon







This week's Golden Oldie Thursday theme's neon. At first I thought I'd have to skip this one, because neon, that's textmarker for me, and if you're following my blog you know, "textmarker colors" are so not my cup of tea... But then I remembered that there's also neon blue, and of course I got a couple of these :-)





I chose Aphrodite Lacquers Standing Here Waiting, a neon blue jelly filled with blue, matte white and silver holographic hexes and squares. The jelly base is very sheer, at the first coat I thought I could never get it opaque, but it built up nicely and wasn't completely opaque, but absolutely wearable with three coats. One coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer provided a glossy and smooth finish.
















Aphrodite Lacquers doesn't exist anymore, so sadly, there's no way to get this one, other than blog sales.



Have a look at all the other neon manis below


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful hon!!! I love blue neons and guess what - really managed to own only one bottle. And an untried at that - LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was untried for over a year, too (obviously, since that is one of the conditions of Golden Oldie Thursday) ;-)

      Delete
  2. Talk about an attention-grabbing color, wowza! And then with the glitter and all, yep, total eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "BAM, In your face!" :-)
      I couldn't stop staring at my nails while wearing it :-)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! It's too bad the brand doesn't make polish anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is too bad, they had a lot of gorgeous polishes. Maybe they'll come back, the shop is "closed until further notice", but for more than a year now :-/

      Delete
  4. Ich mag Neon an sich nicht, aber solche "Blaus" gefallen mir immer total.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geht mir genau so. Knallige Blaus sind super, die anderen Textmarker dürfen gerne in meiner Stifteschublade bleiben und kommen mir nicht auf die Nägel ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...